Saturday, June 18, 2011

engine mount correction


I got some errors to fix on my mount jig, mentioned in the previous blog. 
I set up my jig at 8 1/2 inches overall length for the mount ... the picture above is a "corrections" in the plans, but noted elsewhere in the plans it clearly states the overall length of the mount should be 10 inches, NOT 8 1/2 inches. 
I will shim out my jig, and start over. Glad I questioned some other builders .. though in the end I found the info in my own plans. 
So, READ YOUR PLANS ... COMPLETELY :)
I read them intently when I received them ... and my memory and instinct said 10 when I was building the jig for 8 1/2". The picture above shows 8 1/2 ... I suggest when this happens, stop work and research for a definate answer. 
I wasted a bit of material, as the tubes used in the previous blog are scrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment