Wednesday, June 8, 2011

6-07-11

Not too much done today .. but try to do a little every day. Thinking of setting a goal of Oshkosh 2 years from now. I have been once ... in 1986. I was a young man, and went with my 2 uncles .. both commercial airline pilots. An amazing trip, never forgotten. My first time to see a real Pitts special in person ... and a Christian Eagle too. As a kid, I bought or borrowed brochures from these companies, just so I could "feel" it. Wish I had the Christian Eagle brochure still ... it was amazing! Very colorful, printed on photo style media ... I drooled for years on that thing. 

Ok, so cleaned out the failed seat pan foam .. and refoamed. It took, so will move forward on that idea. Looks silly .. but will use the variety of tools to chip away and make some sort of form for me to create a fiberglass seat pan ... goal is to "sink" me into the airplane.  It will work ...... :)


Again, not too much done .. middle of the work week ya know? 
These little things are my dash support mounts ... flat chromo sheet bent, drilled and formed out. 
Thats it for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment